Center for Girls – Užice is a non-governmental, non-profit organization established within the Women's Center – Užice in 1998 (coordinators of the Center for Girls were sole founders of the Women's Center).
Having in mind peculiar problems of young girls and developmental age such as adolescence, we have developed programs which fulfill the needs of the youth and focused our attention to the population aged between 14 and 25. In February 2001, the organization was registered as an independent non-governmental organization.
- Education of young people on the subjects which are relevant to their lives, but which are not taught in established institutions and young people have no possibility of participating in such programs.
- Integration of marginalized young people into the actions of local community.
- Raising the standards of everyday life of young people as well as the levels of their preparation to become carriers and accomplishers of similar ideas in the future.
- Our work especially focuses on dealing with women's issues, raising awareness about women's rights, fighting against violence in all its forms, starting initiatives in the local community which would make the problems more transparent.
- Over the past several years, the special mission of the Center for Girls from Užice has involved intensive campaigns and educational work against human trafficking.